Hello fellow minibike enthusiasts!
Let's get started with an explanation of how I got here. I was raised in the 1970's and around 1975 or so my Father purchased a couple of used Rupp minibikes, not sure which model, but they looked like the one below, only one was black and one was a light yellow with the same "turbine" wheels.
My brother and I had a blast riding those down the street and on camping trips.
Fast forward 40 years and I had moved to another state, I ended up making some friends, these guys were all close to my age and they were buying up all the old, vintage minibikes they could find and fixing them up.
Seeing how much fun they were having, I decided I needed to build one for myself and my grandson.....this soon became an obsession. Searching the internet, I discovered that this is becoming a HUGE market again.
Coleman and others are making affordable minibikes and many others are buying and restoring the old classics.
While on a search for a Rupp, my buddy found me a vintage and mostly original Cat 300x, unfortunately it was way too small for my grandson and me to ride together.
The original ad
I ended up building a bike from a kit, then helped a couple of friends build theirs and now have plans to build two more for myself and my grandson.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment